Wednesday

Digital Scrapbooking

I have spent so many years being all 'touch, feely' with all of my paper products and stickers that it was a really tough transition for me over to the digital side.  I really did fight it off like the plague and looked upon those who embraced this hobby as 'not being creative' or 'taking the easy way out' of what I consider to be hard work  (not to mention the man hours involved).  I was very naive, what more can I say?  Still, I wanted nothing to do with it.  Then the inevitable happened.  I came across a photo that I absolutely adored; you know, the perfect pose, perfect smile kind of photo?  Only problem was the lighting and a big fat tree causing a huge shadow on those precious faces.  I knew I was stuck and going digital was the only way out.  Little did I know, that would be the start of an amazing journey of education, self-discovery, and a sense of accomplishment.  I am far from mastering any program or technique but I haven't stopped learning or growing.  Its amazing how good you can feel when you step out and really try something new and then keep at it and keep at it.  

For those of you new to this hobby or frustrated, please don't give up.  I still want to throw my mouse through the computer screen on some days, but I know that the frustration eventually turns into reward.  

I just wanted to send a little encouragement your way.  And share just a little piece of what 'elements' can really do.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...