Tuesday

DIY Cafe Latte


I have a little bit of a coffee problem.  Okay.  Maybe that's not entirely true.  I have a really BIG coffee problem.  I love lattes.  All of them.  I don't really care the flavor,  I love them all.  Problem being, no matter where I go to buy them pre-made, they come with a hefty price tag.  A grande will run you around $5 a piece, give or take a few.  If I get one once a day, that really adds up.  (I don't get them that often, but you get the point).  

As a family trying to stick to a budget, this just isn't feasible.  It is a luxury that I have had to take a second look at.  I try to limit my stops now to twice a month, on Sundays, before church.   What do I do in the meantime you ask?  I have found a FABULOUS machine that is worth its weight in GOLD that makes them for me simply and quickly.  This is my baby:


You can purchase this lovely latte machine at amazon among other places.  I suggest amazon but only when its half off, which really does happen quite frequently. 

Now, minus the price of this machine each latte runs me under $1 each!  That's more than 5 for the price of one.  The ingredients couldn't be simpler; milk (duh), the brewed coffee, and some of those lovely flavored syrups you find in the coffee aisle.  Or, you can make your own syrups.  Just scour pinterest for a bazillion different recipes.  I can't tell you how grateful I am to own this little beauty.  Money aside, it also saves me trips out of the house to get my latte fix.  If you are looking for a coffeehouse alternative, this is truly the route to go.  

Don't like coffee?  You can make frothy hot chocolate too.  Just think of the possibilities!

****I have been in no way compensated for this post.  Not even with a cup of coffee.  The opinions expressed are solely my own****

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...